Monday, March 28, 2011

Sleight, by Jennifer Sommersby



Oh. Wow. This book, Jenn's way with words, the descriptions, the story-line, Gemma's snarky sarcasm, Henry's devotion, Lucian's deviousness... ALL of it is 5 stars! I picked it up to support Jenn and then I couldn't put it down because it was awesome!! I cannot wait for Book 2, and Sleight has officially crept into my list of top 10 favorite books of all time! Go and read it. Now.

The story is fresh and original and a new twist on "I see dead people". Gemma is likeable and relatable from chapter one, and intriguing and interesting from PAGE one. "The last funeral I went to was for a lion..."

All of the characters are quirky and original - who wouldn't be, working for a circus? - and the evil reaches a whole new level. (To be specific would be a spoiler!) I can't say enough good things about the book, and the writing. Go see for yourself ,,,,

Click here for Kindle version

3 comments:

  1. Awesome review. I bought this book last week for my Kindle and am excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still working on finishing your book first.

    Afterwards, I will have to check this one out. It combines two of my favorite things: the paranormal and the circus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Angela- definitely should. I highly recommend!
    @ Jay- yay for mine, and then yay for Jenn's!!

    ReplyDelete